Our global network
Across the globe, BAI Communications delivers advanced wireless coverage and services to large scale transit networks - improving outcomes for transit operators, providing robust communications networks below ground, and enhancing the travel experience for passengers.
BAI Canada’s robust communications system is extending cellular, Wi-Fi and fibre network coverage to all TTC subway and rail commuters. It is a massive undertaking, with the subway system transporting around 1.7 million travellers each day.
An industry leader in advanced technology solutions for cellular, Wi-Fi and fibre business solutions, Transit Wireless is building, financing and operating an open-access, multi-application Neutral DAS network for all 279 underground stations in the New York City subway system.
Radio Frequency Engineering
RFE has built, designed, installed and maintained communications systems for the Hong Kong MTR Corporation Ltd (MTR) for more than 15 years. The MTR’s Mass Transit Railway is one of the world’s busiest rapid transit railway systems.
Owner and operator of one of the world's most extensive terrestrial transmission networks, providing Australia'a radio television broadcast services for 80 years, together with co-hosting and infrastracture services to the telecommunications and broadcasting industries.
Hostworks’ Digital Roadies provide digital solutions to enable clients, to broadcast live events digitally, to rigorously monitor and understand their social media and to manage digital campaigns.
- Broadcast Australia (BA) is at the forefront of broadcast transmission in Australia, delivering national TV and radio services since 1928.
- BA is the owner and operator of one of the most extensive transmission networks in the world, supported by its national Network Operations Centre and the largest team of broadcast trained field resources in the country.
- In 2014, ahead of time and within budget, BA delivered the significant project to restack all TV transmission services in Australia to allow the sale of spectrum to mobile phone carriers.
- BA also designed and built the DTV network for Australia’s public broadcasters and works with them to provide emergency radio broadcasts to the public during times of crisis.
- Within both Australia, and internationally, BA continues to participate in high-profile trials of emerging digital technologies, including mobile TV and 3D TV.
- BA also implemented one of the world’s first long-range digital radio systems and, through continued investment to provide new and improved services, utilises efficient broadcast equipment and launched its first solar powered site at Muswellbrook in NSW, Australia. Visit Website >
- One of Australia’s leading providers of online and digital media solutions, Hostworks specialises in the provision of mission critical, high transaction websites, complex web hosting, social media monitoring and analysis and the management of digital campaigns. As experts in the distribution of live digital events, Hostworks’ ‘digital roadies’ provide technical and digital support, bringing together people, hardware and software to deliver compelling customer experiences.
- In an Australian first, Hostworks enabled the Royal Institute of Australia to stream a lecture by physicist Professor Brian Cox to all parts of the country thanks to its Media Foundry product – which is backed by a world class Content Distribution Network (CDN). When international superstars Coldplay delighted a select number of fans with a live performance at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney, Hostworks distributed this to a live global digital audience.
- In 2014 Hostworks worked with SBS, an Australian public broadcaster, to deliver live content across multiple screens for the Tour de France and the FIFA World Cup. Visit Website >
- Transit Wireless is an industry leader in advanced technology solutions for cellular, Wi-Fi and fibre.
- Currently, Transit Wireless is building, financing and operating a neutral host wireless infrastructure within the 278 underground stations in the New York City subway system. The largest subway system globally, this wireless network provides connectivity to more than 2.6 billion passengers each year.
- The network is highly resilient and operates at all primary licensed cellular bands, as well as 2.4GHz, 5.xGHz (public unlicensed bands) and 4.9GHz (public safety band). The network therefore supports varying communication needs and applications – consumer, business, transit and public safety.
- Today cellular services are provided by AT&T, T-Mobile USA, Sprint and Verizon Wireless and Wi-Fi is available for public, private and business applications. Visit Website >
- BAI Canada is extending cellular, Wi-Fi and fibre network coverage to all Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) subway and rail commuters.
- It is a massive undertaking, with Toronto’s subway system transporting around 1.7 million travellers a day.
- BAI Canada is working with the TTC to provide a complete coverage solution, from the design and build phase through to the ongoing operation and maintenance of the network.
- By project completion, BAI Canada will have rolled out Wi-Fi and wireless network connectivity within Toronto’s 61 underground subway stations, all 65 corresponding aboveground platforms as well as mezzanines, walkways, passageways and stairs.
- BAI Canada exclusively owns and operates the wireless communications network and functions as a single point of contact for all of Toronto’s licensed wireless service providers to extend their mobile services to all subway users. Visit Website >
Radio Frequency Engineering
- Radio Frequency Engineering (RFE) has designed, built, installed and maintained communications systems for the Hong Kong MTR Corporation Ltd (MTR) for more than 15 years. The Hong Kong network is one of the world’s busiest rapid transit railway systems – the 218-kilometre metro network serves 1.6 billion passengers per year.
- RFE continues to deliver market-leading solutions to the MTR with continuous essential radio systems upgrades, mobile phone system installations and critical sub-system updates to the network.
- Based on the extensive experience and knowledge gained in building the communications systems for the MTR, RFE also extended business to provide radio systems in major subways in Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and mainland China.
- RFE also works closely with the Hong Kong government on diverse communications projects including the upgrade of fire services radio systems, police radio systems and re-broadcasting systems in car tunnels as well as an integrated cellular network in the central government office complex. Visit Website >