Site access and planned outages
Please review and complete the following in preparation for your site access:
1. Support documentation
We will need you to provide some documentation in PDF or Word format to help us process your site access application:
- Method of Procedure (MOP)
- Scope of Work (SOW)
- Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) for tower climbs and installation works
Please also check your application response from the site sharing team to see if outages are required for your work. Note that there is a 21 business day notification period for outages.
2. Climber authorisation
Your rigging team will need to provide (in PDF or JPEG format):
- Work at heights / rescue documentation
- EMR certification
- Senior First Aid certificate
- Medical certificate
- Rigging qualification (if applicable)
If you do not have a current medical certificate, we recommend you use this template.
Revalidating your registration
If you have received an email informing you that your Authorisation is about to expire or you wish to update your qualifications/personal details etc., please send us a copy of all relevant certificates, licences or other documents.
We recommend maintaining up to date submissions to avoid delaying access to site.
Your safety is paramount. Please take the time to read our Requirements for Working at Heights and Rigging document. Should you require further information please contact our HSE team. Phone: +61 (0)2 8113 4666.
Click here to complete your request for Climber Authorisation.
3. Notification periods
The following notice is required to process your application:
- 3 business days – Inspections (excluding tower access)
- 10 business days – General works or tower access
- 21 business days – Works requiring any planned outage to existing services on site
Emergency access only – as necessary, will be expedited insofar as is practicable.
Commence your application
Click here to commence your application
For Emergency Access only
- Lodge site access request following usual process, disregarding notice periods
- Note the site access number when your application is accepted.
- Follow up with phone call using the following guidelines:
- During normal hours (Mon-Fri 08:00 – 18:00) Contact Planned Outages & Access Team Phone: +61 (0)2 8113 4645
- After hours (18:00 – 08:00 Mon-Fri, weekends and NSW / national public holidays) contact Network Operations Centre +61 (0)2 9432 2100
- Quote site access number and advise that emergency access is required. Access team or NOC will review access request, obtain any additional information necessary and initiate expedited access process.
You will need a Project ID to do work on Broadcast Australia sites except for:
- Site inspection visits
- Maintenance of existing equipment
The Project ID is provided when your lodged application is approved. If you do not have a Project ID, please contact your Account Manager or lodge a service application. We recommend you review the following documents before proceeding with your application:
Contact details Phone: +61 (0)2 8113 4645 Email IT requirements Please make sure your web browser versions are: Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Google Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Java: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
If you do not have a Project ID, please contact your Account Manager or lodge a service application.