20 Oct 2016
BAI Communications is participating in the HackTrain UK 3.0 event as gold sponsor.
HackTrain is a movement that brings innovation to the railway industry through hackathons, accelerators and digital transformation.
The UK event, held over 48 hours from 4 – 6th November 2016, consists of two journeys (covering different parts of the rail network in UK and Europe), six venues and 100 top developers, designers and entrepreneurs creating websites and apps to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
The HackTrain has identified core challenges that the industry is facing, and key datasets with a lot of potential. During the event, the HackTrain will make these available for the participants to create solutions that could revolutionise the industry.
The event will also feature a number of guest speakers including:
- Beth West, Commercial Director, HS2
- Michael Hurwitz, Director of Innovation, TfL
- Geoff Hobbs, Head of Transport Planning, TfL
- Jean-Jacques Thomas, Chief Innovation Officer, SNCF
- Laurent Bellan, Chief Innovation Officer, Eurostar
A mentor from BAI will be present on the train for the entire journey, and will also be participating as a judge at the semi finals.
For more information:
- Visit – uk.hacktrain.com
- Join the conversation – #HACKTRAINUK
- Watch a snapshot of the 2015 event, HackTrain 2.0
- Blog – Five minutes with Malcolm Keys, Managing Director, European Transit