17 Jul 2020
The TransitData 2020 Symposium is hosted by the Transit Analytics Lab (TAL) at the University of Toronto Transportation Research Institute (UTTRI) and the University of Toronto Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering.
The goal of TransitData 2020 will be to create a stimulating and creative environment for academic researchers and practitioners alike to:
- experience a broad panorama of research and applications that use public transit automated data for planning and operations;
- gain more in-depth knowledge of promising methods;
- examine key issues and challenges; and
- explore opportunities for exchange and collaboration between researchers and practitioners.
In their 2018 corporate plan, the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), outlined their vision for a more efficient, modern transport system. The greater the TTC’s ability is to analyze, understand and act on data related to passenger flow, the more flexible and efficient they can be to meet customer needs.
BAI Communications presented a solution to the TTC that would give their operations team access to BAI’s device association data. Out of this engagement, BAI and the TTC agreed on deploying three applications. These provide insights into:
- Foot traffic at stations
- Crowding conditions
- Origin-destination patterns through the system
Register here to watch Jeremy provide an overview of these solutions.